Strange Visual Studio behaviour
Then again - it might just be me doing something wrong...
I have an orchestration with a multi-part message.
One of the parts of that message is of type System.String. (The other is a schema)
Sometimes, when I try to build my project I get the following compile time error -
"'System.String' must be Xml serializable to be a message part type -- check event log for more information"
Despite what the error says - there's no further information in the event log as it suggests
Now - what stuck me as very strange is that last time I checked System.String was serialisable, and besides - I've definitely used System.String parts before and it worked just fine.
More then that - I also consume a third party's web service who's taking in a string as a parameter. adding a web reference to that Web Service generates the web messages for me with a System.String part that works just fine, so it's quite clear the problem is not with having a System.String part.
Anyway - After a couple of hours of chasing my tale around this I did the only sensible thing to do - I restarted visual studio.
The problem was gone. at least for a while, I've been able to compile it and run for a while before it came back again.
Restarting VS.net solved it everytime. Great!
BTW - This had happened for us on several machines, all of them built by hand, using RTM version of VS.net and BizTalk 2006.